September 25, 2013

BEST OF: LONDON FASHION WEEK S/S 14

First up - Burberry 










Let's just start by saying, "WOW"!  I was completely in awe over this runway show.  This Burberry collection fused the sexy and the protective.  The mix of prints, sparkle, incredible heels, vibrant pastels and impeccable detail were all showstoppers.  Not to mention the amazing white sunglasses every girl would love for Spring.  Well done!

Next up - DAKS



This was my favorite look all around from the Daks runway show.  With the ever so popular 70s inspired silhouette, this iconic look stole the show in my opinion.  Where can I find those fantastic earrings?

Moving on to - Mulberry 



With such great color combos using only orange, light blue, navy, black and a few more pastels, no wonder Mulberry is so loved.  That handbag was my favorite out of the show!  There was a definite aspiration to the sixties with shift dresses, brocade skirts and sweet suits which I adore.

On to - Tom Ford



Who doesn't love Tom Ford?  I do!  With leather becoming more and more popular in the spring and summer seasons, this show proved that leather is still going strong way past fall and winter.  But not just any kind of leather, LUXE leather.  We wouldn't expect any thing less!  Although I'm obsessed with this leather look, my eye went straight towards this super-charged short coral dress with sheer inserts.  Right up my alley!

Last, but not least - Temperley London








Where do I start?  Temperley was inspired by a holiday in Sicily which is quite obvious given the array of luxurious heavy silks and beautiful sheer fabrics.  This show was very glamorous and opulent to say the least without being overpowering.  But can you guess what stole the show?  It was the exquisite silhouettes and embellishments of each garment.  Trapeze shapes, dropped waists and exaggerated shoulders made for elegant, timeless dresses while crystal embellishments and embroidered flowers were breathtakingly beautiful.  The vibrant colors alone are enough to make this collection stand out.  Absolutely my favorite show hands down of London Fashion Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment